This is to inform the general public that the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) have begin their recruitment exercise for 2021.
Click on this link to register
Things to know about the recruitment
The Basic Military Training Course is a Short Period Training for recruits to become Airmen and Airwomen, not normally more than 6 months of training. It is mainly for those who possess Secondary School Certificate, National Diploma certificate, NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate and Trade Test Certificate. The BMTC is comprised of Non-Tradesmen/Women with age limit between 18 and 22, and Tradesmen/Women with age limit between 18 and 25.
Online Registration starts on 2 March 2021 and closes on 30 March 2021. Qualified applicants after the registration process would be invited for Selection Board Interview Exercise after which the list of successful candidates would be published in newspapers and online for Basic Military Training.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
1. Nationality: Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth.
2. Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 22 years by 28 February 2022 for non-tradesmen/women, 18 and 25 years by 28 February 2022 for tradesmen/women. Those applying as Assistant Chaplains/Assistant Imams and Drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years by 28 February 2022.
3. Marital Status: All applicants must be single.
4. Height: Minimum height is 1.66m or 5.4ft for males and 1.63m or 5.3ft for females.
5. Medical Fitness: Applicants must be medically and physically fit and must meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
6. Local Government Area Attestation Form: Applicants’ Local Government Area Attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same State as the applicants not below the rank of Wing Commander in the Nigerian Air Force or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Navy or a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner and above, or Local Government Area Chairmen/Secretaries and Magistrates from the Local Government Area of the applicants. The Local Government Area Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Drivers Licence or National ID Card or International Passport. The signee is also to authenticate behind the applicant’s passport photograph.
7. Presentation of original credentials: Successful applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny at the Selection Board Interview Exercise. The credentials include the following:a. Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by the officer of appropriate rank as specified in Paragraph 6.b. Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.c. Original and Photocopy of Educational/Trade Certificates.d. Original and Photocopy of Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin.e. Original and Photocopy of Letter of Attestation of Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank as specified in paragraph 6.
8. Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Selection Exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is FREE OF CHARGE. Applicants are required to fill in valid email addresses and telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the Application Form.
9. Application Forms: On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the underlisted documents:a. Acknowledgment Slip.b. Attestation of Parent/Guardians Form.c. Local Government Area Attestation Form.
10. Successful applicants would be invited for Selection Board Interview Exercise through the portal.ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE APPLYING AS NON-TRADESMEN AND WOMEN
11. Non-Tradesmen/women: Applicants applying for Non-Tradesmen/Women must possess a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB. In addition, applicants are required to possess their school’s testimonials.ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE APPLYING AS TRADESMEN AND WOMEN
12. Tradesmen/women:a. Applicants must possess at least a Lower Credit/Merit in ND/NCE or any relevant trade certificates from reputable and government approved institutions/organisations with a minimum of 2 passes and a credit in English Language in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.b. Applicants applying as drivers must possess a minimum of 2 passes in SSCE/ GCE/NECO/NABTEB with a credit in English Language, trade test certificate and valid drivers licence.c. Applicants applying as sportsmen/women must possess 2 passes in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB with a credit in English and evidence of professional experience which should include certificates and medals.Note: Applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates and University Diploma certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply. Applicants with medical qualifications must possess evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies and valid current practicing licence(s).
13. Requirements for Tradesmen/women: Applicants applying as Tradesmen/Women are advised to carefully read the requirements below before filling the Forms:
a. Engineering Technicians: ND Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Chemical Engineering Technology, Aircraft Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology/Automobile Engineering and Trade Test in Fitter Machinist.
b. Air Traffic Services: ND in Meteorology, Air Traffic Controller Assistant, Base Operator, Flight Dispatcher and Fire Fighter.
c. Nursing and Medical Allied: RN-RM, Medical Records Technician, Medical Lab Technician, Medical Imaging/X-ray Technician, Dental/Dental Therapy Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Community/Environmental Technician, Biomed Technician, Optometry Technician, Medical Rehabilitation/Physiotherapy Technician, Medical Supply Technician, Dietetics/Nutrition Technician and Paramedics Technician.
d. Communication and Information Systems: ND Computer Hardware Engr/Tech, Software Engr /Tech, Satellite Image Interpreter/GIS Tech, Sat-Com Hub Installation Tech, Info Tech, Computer Science, Fiber Optic Tech, Network Tech, Cyber Security Tech, Web Designer/Master and Software Developer. Possession of recognized certifications such as Diploma in Desktop Publishing, Certificate in Computer Appreciation, Certificate in Graphics Design, Certificate in Web Design, Certificate in Computer Maintenance and Networking, Certificate in Video Editing Course is an added advantage.
e. Administration/Logistics: ND Public Administration, Office Technology and Management, Business Administration/Management, Purchasing and Supply, Financial Studies, Statistics and Trade Test Certificate in Tailoring.
f. Psychology/Sociology/Security Studies: ND Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Intelligence and Security Studies.
g. Veterinary Assistance: ND Animal Health.
h. Languages: ND French, Mandarin, Russian, Arabic and NCE Kanuri Languages.
i. Education: NCE Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, Home Economics, Nigerian Languages, French, Business Education, Fine and Applied Art, Basic Science/Integrated Science, Computer Science, Music, Technical Education/Basic Technology, Library and Information Science, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge and Early Childhood Education/Primary Education.
j. Works/Services: Trade Test Certificate in Welding, Carpentry, Painting, Sign-Writing, Plumbing, Masonry, Draughtsman, Refrigeration, Tiling, POP and Air-Conditioning.
k. Electricians: ND Electrical Electronics and Mechanical Engineering. Trade Test Certificate in Domestic Electrician.
l. Civil and Environmental Engineering: ND Building Technology/Quantity Surveyor/Civil Engineering (Structures), Estate Management, Urban and Regional Planning, Architecture, Water supply and sanitation, Highway Engineering, Surveying and Geoinformatics.
m. Public Relations/Info: ND Mass Communication, Journalism, Broadcasting. Trade Test Certificate in Videography/Photography/Graphics Design.
n. Legal Clerks: ND in Law.
o. Assistant Chaplain: ND in Theology and Catechesis.p. Assistant Imam: ND in Arabic/Islamic Studies.
q. Driver/Mechanic: SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB and Trade Test certificate, valid current driver’s license and practical experience.
r. Catering: ND Catering Services/Hotel Management.
s. Music: ND Music. Playing experience in any recognised Band is an added advantage.
t. Sports: SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB and must present evidence of professional experience which should include Certificate of participation/Medal(s) in national and international sporting competitions. In addition ND/NCE Physical Education as well as recommendation letter from the Athlete’s State Sport Council. Membership of National Sporting Association is an added advantage.
14. Application Process is FREE OF CHARGE and no payment should be made at any point throughout the Exercise. For Support, please call: 09064432351, 08043440802 and 09055840142 or Email: [email protected]. All phone lines are available from Monday to Friday between 9:30AM and 5:30PM.